Join the Host Committee for the 8th Annual Maya’s Hope Lotus Ball!
Maya’s Hope improves the quality of life of disadvantaged, orphaned, and extremely impoverished children around the world.
We are looking for amazing and exceptional individuals to join our Host Committee for the Maya’s Hope Lotus Ball on Friday, October 25, 2019, at Landmark on the Park, 160 Central Park West, New York City.
This annual gala celebrates the cutie pies of Maya’s Hope and raises funds and awareness to support its programs. Please join us and help us reach this year’s fundraising goal of $300,000!
Why be a Host Committee Member?
– Network with accomplished, interesting Host Committee members from a wide array of backgrounds including law, medicine, entrepreneurship, real estate, finance, etc., as well as those who just want to make a difference!
– Boost your professional profile — show your employer, clients, and other business contacts that you are involved in worthwhile fundraising activities.
– Attend exclusive special events in addition to the gala, as we partner with brands such as Theory, Caudalie, Kusmi Tea, Sisley, Spin and more.
– Have fun — our Gala and other fundraising events are a blast!
– Help our cutie pies — isn’t that what it is all about?
What is required?
– Upon being accepted and joining the Host Committee, you must purchase your Gala ticket for $350.00 and sign the Host Committee Agreement Form.
– Attend and participate in a majority of Host Committee Meetings.
– Commit to raising funds for the Gala through sponsorships, ticket sales, and donations. Your fundraising goal is $4,000, but your minimum required fundraising amount is $2,500. You agree that if you do not raise $2,500 by 5pm on Thursday, October 24, 2019, your credit card will be charged the difference between $2,500 and the amount you have raised (your own $350.00 ticket counts toward your fundraising goal/minimum).
– Commit to obtaining at least one auction item. (Auction item needs include exotic vacation destinations, airfare, unique experiences such as celebrity chef-hosted house parties, rounds of golf, exclusive tickets to sporting or arts event, etc.)
– Exemplify integrity and show respect to all volunteers, members of the Host Committee and the Board of Directors.
– Be an Ambassador for Maya’s Hope!
Other ways you can participate as a Host Committee Member
– Solicit sponsorships from at least five companies with the goal of securing at least one sponsorship.
– Solicit in-kind donations such as graphic design and photography services at discounted pricing.
– Hand address and personalize gala invitations to at least 15 individuals from your network.
– Host a private event to benefit Maya’s Hope.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting with our Gala Chair. If selected by our Gala Chair to join the Committee, you will be part of an extraordinary event that directly impacts the lives of the children we serve.